Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ray LaMontagne - Empty

Well I looked my demons in the eyes
Laid bare my chest said do your best destroy me
See I've been to hell and back so many times
I must admit you kinda bore me

There's a lot of things that can kill a man
There's a lot of ways to die
Yes and some already dead that walk beside me
There's a lot of things I don't understand
Why so many people lie
Well it's the hurt I hide that fuels the fire inside me

Will I always feel this way
So empty, so estranged


Listen to the whole song here: 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you didn't post my favorite lines:

Lay your blouse across the chair,
Let fall the flowers from your hair
And kiss me with that country mouth so plain.
Outside the rain is tapping on the leaves
To me it sounds like they're applauding us,
The quiet love we've made.

Michael C. Hanks said...

Yes...that is also my favorite line! Probably one of the best lines in all of song history. But the purpose of the post wasn't to post favorite song lines. So that's why I left it out.

2manylessons said...

Your blog blows me away, you have such an awesome God given talent. All I can say is WOW..