Friday, July 20, 2012

Enter Into The Mundane


You've waited to see what light would come
Pushed, struggled, awaited and sung
That all you’ve ever sought was near
But found a forlorn bareness here

A stagnant grasp that blurs your eyes
A sickness that infests the now
To then leave you questioning how
The dull day decides your demise
And life seems to ignore your cries

Yet still it doesn’t stop your stride
To stand up strong and keep your pride
And face each day with routine new
Your tested faith and hope holds true

But it matters not how tall you stand
Since all the days still feel the same
Your desire unmet, this is your bane
A grey, old, mundane path so bland
This course you’ll never understand


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your work is awesome right now... It could be worse, you could be turning 30 this year like Nick and I :-) I love you man. Come by and say hi sometime.

- Clint

Michael C. Hanks said...

Ha. Turning thirty will be an interesting year. Alas...this doesn't have much to do with my work. Nor how I am feeling right now. :) But I love you to. I need to stop by soon!